The top books recommended by MAN v CITY
- The Mystery Method by Erik Von Markovic (aka Mystery) – This book changed my life. If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to attract women, you NEED to own this book. The author breaks down flirting and attraction into an easily understood, repeatable formula. I’ve never come across anything like it.
- The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco – The best business book I’ve ever read, bar none. Mr. DeMarco lays a clear path for those who want to live life as one of the elite, and illustrates the differences between those who are doomed to remain poor and those who go on to become ultra successful. This is truly an eye opening book.
- The Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss – In what has become the manifesto of today’s internet entrepreneurs, Tim Ferriss details how everything from leveraging currency exchange rates to setting up systems of automation in your life and business can be used to help maximize your lifestyle. This book is an eye opener for anyone who wants more than the traditional “work till you’re sixty, then retire” life plan.
- Bigger Leaner Stronger (Second Edition) by Michael Matthews – In Bigger Leaner Stronger, Mike Matthews breaks down the real science behind building muscle and losing fat. All the advice is based on real peer reviewed studies which are directly cited in the book. No bro-science, just science science. Everything from calculating your body’s caloric needs to optimal training frequency is covered. This book gives you everything you need to build the body of your dreams.
- The Way of Men by Jack Donovan – What makes a man? Ask a hundred different people and you’ll get a hundred different answers. While there are differences between men of different cultures, there are certain traits that are universally recognized as masculine virtues. In The Way of Men, Jack Donovan explores the biological and cultural purposes of these virtues. Thought provoking and well researched, this book may not make you a better man, but it will give you the knowledge necessary to make you better at being a man.
- One Simple Idea by Stephen Key – Have you ever had an idea for a product but didn’t have the time/money/knowledge/desire to bring it to market yourself. What if I told you there are companies who are willing to pay you large sums of money for the right to make and sell your product ideas? This is known as “product licensing” and Stephen Key is one of the best in the world at it. In his book One Simple Idea he walks you step by step through the process. Everything from coming up with the product idea to negotiating licensing contracts is covered.
- The Year One Challenge for Men by Michael Matthews – This is a companion to Michael Matthews’ book Bigger Leaner Stronger. The Year One Challenge gives you an entire year’s worth of workouts following the system he laid out in Bigger Leaner Stronger. Every day is mapped out in expert detail. At the end of one year you will have a body that gets respect from men and attention from women.
Recommendations for starting a website
Domain Name and Hosting
Bluehost – To start your own website or internet business you need two things. A domain name and hosting. MAN v CITY recommends Bluehost for both. You get a free domain name when you purchase hosting, one step WordPress implementation, and excellent customer service. You won’t be disappointed.
Email and Newsletter Service
Aweber – The top piece of advice from EVERY successful online business owner is “start collecting emails.” Aweber is the Gold Standard in that department.
Website Design and Themes
Soul Revolver – This is my #1 recommendation if you’re looking for a cool leather jacket.
Pyrrha – Classy and unique jewelry. Pyrrha’s style is unmistakable. If you’re looking for a cool ring or necklace, look no further.
Other Cool Stuff
Merkur Double Edge Safety Razor – Stop wasting your time shaving with plastic toys and switch to wet shaving. Not only do you get a better shave, but you’ll save a ton of money on razor blades.
Leisure Time Recommendations
Game of Thrones (TV Show) – Based on the book series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin. This series takes you deep into a world of political intrigue in which several dynastic noble houses fight for control over the land of Westeros. Game of Thrones is an intense spectacle full of sex, violence, Machiavellian scheming, and moral ambiguity. The show recently won a record breaking 12 awards at this year’s Emmy’s. I can’t recommend Game of Thrones highly enough.
Friends of MAN v CITY
Good Looking Loser – I am an active poster on the Good Looking Loser forum. Chris (the owner) offers no B.S. information on body building, talking to women, looking good, real penis enlargement and more.
Jack Donovan – There is no easy way to describe Jack Donovan. All I can say is that he owns one of the most well written and thought provoking blogs on the internet. In general his writings revolve around masculinity, tribalism, and Odinist Philosophy, but to imply that that is all they are would be an insult. In truth his writings are about something much deeper. The questions he asks are the same ones which concerned the ancient Greek philosophers; “What is the ideal society?” “What are the values a man should live by?” “How do I live up to my own potential?” Jack Donovan tackles them with both courage and humility. Every time I visit his site I am confronted with ideas which I have never before encountered or considered. Jack Donovan’s writings will challenge you and ultimately help make you a better man.
Bold and Determined – If you’re looking for a kick in the ass and a shot of motivation straight to the balls, Bold and Determined is where you need to go.